Start your Brew Pots!
We all know homebrewing isn't just a hobby. If you are ready to see how your brew stacks up or just want to have a good time with likeminded brewers, enter Brew Riot.
Now, all of the rules.
Homebrew Competitor Entry Requirements:
- Bring 5 gallons minimum of each brew for People’s Choice judging
- Register online by midnight May 1, 2016. (Please note we are only accepting 50 homebrew teams.)
- The tent rental fee for entering is $20.00.
- This contest is open to all amateur home brewers who brew less than 200 gallons of beer, and is restricted to non-commercial, homebrewed beers.
- Beer must be made from the normal alcoholic fermentation of malted barley with hops, or their products, and with or without other malted or unmalted cereals.
- Entrants must be 21 years of age or older.
Each registered competitor will receive the following:
- 10’ x 10’ tent
- 6’ table
- 2 folding chairs
- Sample glasses
Brew Riot Judging:
The People’s Choice Competition is judged by attendees of the festival. All festival participants will receive one vote. The People’s Choice Competition is mandatory for all entrants.
If you want your beer to be apart of the Panel Judging- two (2) 12oz or larger bottles must be labeled and delivered to a designated location by May 08, 2016. Labeling directions and drop off addresses will be emailed to you by May 2, 2016.
Labeling instructions: Please label the beer with your “judging number” (provided upon completing your online registration) on the bottle and cap.
*Since the Brew Riot judges will only be grading the contents of the bottle and not your labeling skills, please just make sure the number is clearly readable.
Acceptable ways to label include:
a) writing your unique brew number on duct tape with permanent marker and place duct tape securely on bottle.
b) label maker printout
please make sure NOT to use ink that smears when wet.
Drop Off Details:
Date: Sunday May 8th
Location: North Oak Cliff Beer and Wine
Judging results will be announced at the festival at 7:00 p.m. on May 15.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org